We Guarantee Your Child's Success in GCSE English Literature Exam
"Our tutors are speacialist and experienced in preparing your child for GCSE English Literature exam"
GCSE English literature should require students to study a range of high quality, intellectually challenging, and substantial whole texts in detail. These must include:
- At least one play by Shakespeare
- At least one 19th century novel
- A selection of poetry since 1789, including representative Romantic poetry
- Fiction or drama from the British Isles from 1914 onwards
Read, understand and respond to texts (35-40%)
Students should be able to:
- maintain a critical style and develop an informed personal response
- use textual references, including quotations, to support and illustrate interpretations
Analyse the language, form and structure used by a writer to create meanings and effects, using relevant subject terminology where appropriate (40-45%)
Show understanding of the relationships between texts and the contexts in which they were written (15-20%)
Use a range of vocabulary and sentence structures for clarity, purpose and effect, with accurate spelling and punctuation (5%)
To get more advise and help on preparing your child for GCSE English Literature exam contact us or visit our Tuition Centre.